Bali is a magnificent tropical paradise on Earth. No wonder it’s one of most wanted destinations. It has everything for everyone, starting from luxury beach resorts ending with forested volcanic mountains and iconic rice terraces. Small Indonesian Island is best known for its rocky coastlines, sandy beaches, and culture that’s known for its warm hospitality.
Before I planned my vacation, I was checking pictures of all destinations and Bali was the one that took my breath away.
- Bali is a Province of Indonesia. It’s surrounded by few smaller islands: Nusa Penida, Nusa Lembongan and Nusa Ceningan.
- The province of Bali is Denpasar.
- It is only Hindu-majority province in Indonesia, with 83 % of the population adhering to Balinese Hinduism.
- Bali also have a few nicknames: Island of Love, Island of Gods, Morning of the World, Island of Peace, Island of the Hinduism, etc.
- Population – 4,225,384
- Languages – Indonesian (official), Balinese, English, Mandarin.
- Time zone : UTC + 08 (WITA)
Things you can do in Bali – climb mountains, snorkeling, diving, ride elephant, eat dinner with animals, enjoy beaches, feed monkeys, take spectacular Instagram photos, walk through rice terraces, chase waterfalls, climb canyons, explore hidden beaches, surfing, swing above clouds, buy Gucci bag for 5$, jump over waves.
As the Tourism-related business makes up to 80% of Bali economy everyone will take best care for you to spend unforgettable time there.
I started to plan my trip to Bali almost 6 months ahead, and learned a lot. All my experience, advice and things you should know before traveling is compiled in articles below, so keep reading 🙂